Goal Setting Part 3 - Achievement
Today was a landmark day for me in microstock. I received my 50th and 51st downloads of the month only 27 days into March, which allowed me to achieve my goal of 50 downloads in 1 month much sooner than expected.
In this final blog on Goal Setting, I now want to talk about what to do after you achieve your goals.
What did you learn during this process? Is there anything you wish you could change, if you had a chance to do things over? If so, write it down. You may use this information to aid your future endeavors.
Relax for a while, but do not become lazy. Give yourself a chance to wind down, and pay particular attention to how energized you are to move forward. When you are ready again, do not hesitate. Whether it takes a week or a month, your motivation will soon return in force.
At this point, you return to Step 1. Determine where it is you want to go, and why it is important to you. Consider breaking out of your "comfort zone," and moving forward in a big way. Map out a realistic time table to reach your destination. And of course, use S.M.A.R.T. goal setting to maximize your potential for success.
Photo credits: Laurin Rinder.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step
- The Struggle: a wildlife photography journal
- Its all about the place. Insights about my best sales.
- The secret of my success
- These are a few of My Favourite Things: Something New
- To sell or not to sell. What makes the difference?
- Tip of the Week: Photographing the Moon