Going with the flow
A few weeks ago I headed over to North Stradbroke Island (Straddie) with a tent and my camera gear. The idea was to shoot star trails over the weekend of the new moon. The skies had other things in store for me.
On the ferry over clouds started appearing. By the time I'd caught the bus from the ferry terminal at Dunwich over to Point Lookout the heavens had opened up - I didn't even have a raincoat!
After a slippery walk down to Deadman's Beach I located a spot on the dunes with trees for cover. My star trail idea was looking bleak, but at least in the breaks between rain the sun was lighting up the clouds in some pretty surreal colours.
I got up a number of times that night when the rain stopped, but the break never lasted long enough for any sort of night shots. However, the morning presented me with the scene in the image above - yet another storm approaching my fragile tent, but with the most awesome sunrise colours accompanying it. Even if I'd not captured anything else on that trip, this would have been enough to make the trip and the wetness all worthwhile.
Photo credits: Megan Forbes.
All about color
- Dog Rescue Photography: Zeus the Tibetan mix
- How to Created Smooth, Subtle Gradients in Photoshop
- Mastering the Basics : InDesign
- How to take sharper dogs pictures
- An Alligator ate my Action Camera!!!
- New Year 2020: Designing calendars
- Tip of the week: 5 Beginner's Tips about stock photos that sell the most
- Choosing the Right Font to Reinforce your Message