Yes it was scary and yes I had a back up plan just in case n didn't work but it was the best thing I have ever done. I don't earn as much as I did before but I am a much happier person and I get to spend much more time with my family. Also the added bonus of being much fitter, I swim 3 times a week, I am racing my mountain bike again (I even did a 12hr night race!).
I would also like to think my standard of work has improved....I guess this is subjective to what the customer is looking for. My downloads/earning graph is also pointing in a skyward direction...which also make me happy!
Anyone thinking about weather they should take the plunge, work out how much you need to live, then work out how many images you need downloaded to achieve it and be realistic with yourself....can you really meet that number? Can you work on your own without getting cabin fever? Can you make yourself work when it is sunny outside and you just want to laze in the sun.
If the answers are yes then...go for it
All about color
- Tip of the week: Photography basics - ISO
- Colors for the buyers
- Crazy about concepts
- Designers extracting colors by knowing their clients
- Winter's Solitude Approaches
- Background information. Part three.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step