Gornergratbahn in Switzerland
In Zermatt there are no motorised vehicles. You can arrive with train from Tasch, the last village with motorised permision.
The Gornergrat is surrounded by 29 peaks rising above 4,000 m in the Alps and several glaciers, including the Gornergletscher (which is the second longest glacier in the Alps after the Aletsch).
The train crosses impressive bridges, galleries and tunnels. At the end of the line on Gornergrat, the Matterhorn is visible on a clear day.
Photo credits: Emicristea.
- Location planning for the British and Irish Underwater Photography Championship 2018
- The fool in the rain
- HOW TO: LOCATIONS from an Austin Photographer
- Try and try again...
- How to find your unique 'Niche' as a photographer
- Waterfalls: Hints To Make The Best Of Your Photographic Experience
- What makes a travel photography bestseller
- Animal Shelter Photography: Bama