The Great State of Texas collection
Many thanks to Charles for inspiring me to figure out how to create a collection. He started one on Non-Christian Houses of Worship. I'll reprise in this blog entry some of our conversation about that collection, and starting the Texas collection:
I thought about what collection I would really love to curate. And The Great State of Texas collection was born. Surprisingly there was no collection (as far as I could tell) devoted to the state. Anyway - it took me a while to figure out how to add a photo but I did figure it out.
My method was to use the search keyword "texas" and then just work my way through. First I used the descending download order, and then tried the ascending upload order to pick up the new stuff. The definition of the collection is kind of non-negotiable - either it was taken in Texas, or it wasn't... other than that I just picked the photos I liked best, that fit my vision of Texas. Interestingly I ended up with several from the same photographers.
I hope that this collection will prove helpful to some designers, and it will certainly continue to deepen my appreciation for my home state.
Photo credits: Charles Sichel-outcalt.
All about color
- Over 600 sales! Creativity never gets old!
- Taking Stock: Designing for Calendars!
- Dog Rescue Photography: Zeus the Tibetan mix
- How to Created Smooth, Subtle Gradients in Photoshop
- Mastering the Basics : InDesign
- How to take sharper dogs pictures
- An Alligator ate my Action Camera!!!
- New Year 2020: Designing calendars