The Great State of Texas collection
Many thanks to Charles for inspiring me to figure out how to create a collection. He started one on Non-Christian Houses of Worship. I'll reprise in this blog entry some of our conversation about that collection, and starting the Texas collection:
I thought about what collection I would really love to curate. And The Great State of Texas collection was born. Surprisingly there was no collection (as far as I could tell) devoted to the state. Anyway - it took me a while to figure out how to add a photo but I did figure it out.
My method was to use the search keyword "texas" and then just work my way through. First I used the descending download order, and then tried the ascending upload order to pick up the new stuff. The definition of the collection is kind of non-negotiable - either it was taken in Texas, or it wasn't... other than that I just picked the photos I liked best, that fit my vision of Texas. Interestingly I ended up with several from the same photographers.
I hope that this collection will prove helpful to some designers, and it will certainly continue to deepen my appreciation for my home state.
Photo credits: Charles Sichel-outcalt.
- Playing Around With Design Editing Ideas
- Having A Set Of Pictures Can Increase Sales
- Crafting Pattern Ideas And Tips For Beginners
- 110 images online
- Direct, to the point: How call to action
- 4 Great Photoshop Text Effects to Make your Message Pop
- How to Capture Personalities when taking Portraits
- Turn your Favorite Photo into an Epic Movie Poster