The Great State of Texas collection
Many thanks to Charles for inspiring me to figure out how to create a collection. He started one on Non-Christian Houses of Worship. I'll reprise in this blog entry some of our conversation about that collection, and starting the Texas collection:
I thought about what collection I would really love to curate. And The Great State of Texas collection was born. Surprisingly there was no collection (as far as I could tell) devoted to the state. Anyway - it took me a while to figure out how to add a photo but I did figure it out.
My method was to use the search keyword "texas" and then just work my way through. First I used the descending download order, and then tried the ascending upload order to pick up the new stuff. The definition of the collection is kind of non-negotiable - either it was taken in Texas, or it wasn't... other than that I just picked the photos I liked best, that fit my vision of Texas. Interestingly I ended up with several from the same photographers.
I hope that this collection will prove helpful to some designers, and it will certainly continue to deepen my appreciation for my home state.
Photo credits: Charles Sichel-outcalt.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget