Halloween Creatures: the Spider
In my last blog, we asked how a wildlife photographer could keep a stock portfolio relevant to upcoming holidays such as Halloween. The answer? Creepy Creatures! There are plenty of scary, macabre and spooky animals related to Halloween that can fill an animal photographer’s portfolio.
Take the spider! (Well, no thanks, not me. I won’t take the spider!) Just the thought of those spindly, hairy legs lightly creeping across your skin can make your hair stand up! Halloween aside, I’ve always gotten the heebie jeebies when it comes to arachnids!
Perhaps it is that sticky silk woven into webs to trap unsuspecting prey. It may give us the subconscious idea of the curses woven by those Halloween witches. Either way, it is no thrill to walk through a dark wood and be lashed across the face by an unseen web… and wonder if the maker is now in your hair or crawling down your back.
And those eyes, hundreds of eyes! One superstition is that the dead could peer upon the living through the eyes of a spider. No wonder these little creepy crawlies and their webs are favorite decorations at Halloween!
So fill that stock portfolio with arachnids near Halloween!
Photo credits: William Wise.
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images
- Alba Iulia Fortress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite
- The Stock Photography Industry is Changing Again, Will You Be Able to Change Too?
- Tip of the week: Illustrations, how to and how not to