It always happens after hours or on weekends...
But, it didn't mess up, right away. So, not knowing it was damaged, I began to move our catalog over to the ext. And... it crashed.
Then, the whole computer crashed, and we lost the last two weeks of images, ALL of our RAW files, everything we had in our own queue to upload, and my data files on our images...
OMG!!! Well, frantic to come up with a solution, we got some programs working to clear the registry and fix the problems, and in safe mode, we found the ext did NOT crash, it just stopped responding. WE FOUND THE DATA WE LOST!!
So, with renewed hope, we are trying to gently coax the computer back to functioning. We can use safe mode and see the intact files, we just can't run any of the editing software or get to the net. Fortunately, a friend of mine is visiting for a few days, and she has a laptop here, so I'm able to at least check up on things. She has also kindly given us space on her laptop so my husband can get back to shooting with our new ten mpx :D
Hopefully, we'll be able to get this all resolved in the next day or so, I need to get back and rolling to meet our goal. At least shooting begins again today!
Photo credits: Robert Gebbie.
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget
- Don't Let Pixel Envy Drag You Down
- Reduce Eyeball Overload by Sticking to These Minimalist Design Tips
- Try These Quick Go-to Settings for Multiple Lighting Conditions
- The Road to a Perfect Ad: From the Consumers Perspective