Happy Diwali !
Dear fellow photographers @ Dreamstime,
Wishing you all happy and prosperous Diwali.
For those who are unaware about Diwali festival, please find the following :-
Diwali is one of the most significant and celebrated festivals of Hindus in India and residing all over the globe.It is usually celebrated towards the end of the calender year during November.
In Diwali people buy new clothes, sweets , and gift them to near and dear ones.Houses and properties are cleaned and white washed.
Some communities worship Goddess Lakshmi during Diwali. Children and elders celebrate Diwali by lighting earthen lamps in homes and firing crackers.
Traditionally, as per Hindu mythology, it all started when Lord Ram , a Hindu God, returned to his Kingdom, Ayodha, with his brother, Lord Lakshman and wife, Goddess Sita, ater 14 years of exile.His subjects welcomed him by lighting lamps throughout the Kingdom.
Photo credits: Subhrajyoti Parida.
- Background information. Part three.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step
- The Struggle: a wildlife photography journal
- Its all about the place. Insights about my best sales.
- The secret of my success
- These are a few of My Favourite Things: Something New
- To sell or not to sell. What makes the difference?