Happy Diwali !
Dear fellow photographers @ Dreamstime,
Wishing you all happy and prosperous Diwali.
For those who are unaware about Diwali festival, please find the following :-
Diwali is one of the most significant and celebrated festivals of Hindus in India and residing all over the globe.It is usually celebrated towards the end of the calender year during November.
In Diwali people buy new clothes, sweets , and gift them to near and dear ones.Houses and properties are cleaned and white washed.
Some communities worship Goddess Lakshmi during Diwali. Children and elders celebrate Diwali by lighting earthen lamps in homes and firing crackers.
Traditionally, as per Hindu mythology, it all started when Lord Ram , a Hindu God, returned to his Kingdom, Ayodha, with his brother, Lord Lakshman and wife, Goddess Sita, ater 14 years of exile.His subjects welcomed him by lighting lamps throughout the Kingdom.
Photo credits: Subhrajyoti Parida.
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready
- What to do if there is no photo camera?
- 4 Great Locations To Catch A Lake Ontario Sunrise In The Greater Toronto Area
- My first 200
- Provoking feelings
- Designing front covers with emotions - advise and contest entry