Harbour marina and the Sigma 24-70 f2.8
Well my Sigma 24-70 f2.8 came and I was super excited to put it through it's paces. I bought it second hand as the Canon 24-70 f2.8 is still a little above my fireplace.
So...early early on a Sunday morning I got up and headed out to the marina after having to get written permission from the yacht club and also the governing body of the harbour. That took me a full hour on the Friday. Make a note that when you do go to the harbour to make sure that you have permission to do so.
I had a blast with the lens. Just one thing...don't buy this lens if you are planning to do a lot of low light shooting. The lens is soft at f2.8. Stop down to f3.5 and more and you have a brilliantly sharp lens. The zoom range of course makes it a lovely walk around lens with good contrast and little chromatic aberration.
It works well as a portrait lens as well with great sharpness. It can be used at low light if you have a camera that can produce usable images are higher ISO's.
That said, it has proven to be a lovely lens and for what I paid it is brilliant.
Would I buy it again...probably not. Would I recommend it for a budget walk around lens...certainly.
Thanks for reading!!
Have a super Sunday
Photo credits: Michael De Nysschen.
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava
- Baling Hay In The Summer
- Understanding the Stock Industry and What Buyers Are Looking For
- There is a flower farm nearby my apartment
- How to Design Calls-to-Action That Get Mouse Buttons Clicking
- Tips On Creating Design Illustration Patterns
- Journey is often more beautiful than the destination
- Crossed 250 images 26 days (Story from Beginning)