Hastings pier - set to rise from the ashes - Dreamstime
Great news this week when the charitable trust hoping to restore the pier was awarded
There is still some money to raise but, all being well, work should start in Spring 2013 with completion in late 2014.
The original 1872 substructure remained intact after the fire and a newly designed upper structure will be built.
I am looking forward to watching and photographing the work in progress and, finally, enjoying a walk along the pier in 2014.
It will be great to see this forlorn looking landmark come back to life.
Photo credits: David Fowler.
- Portfolio Milestone: 11100 images uploaded and accepted - Dreamstime
- Puppy Adoption Photography: Traelin
- Expert tips to visually elevate your business
- Tip of the week: Easily create isometric designs without touching 3d software
- Location Spotlight: Mitchelville Beach, Hilton Head Island
- Thoughtful about Drones
- How to do HDR Without Overdoing It
- How to get the Most from Your Smartphone Videography