Headroom on Images
Well, I finally got started in stock photography! It seems like a whole new world to me and I have a huge learning curve... to come up to speed on what's important, what images sell and which ones don't.
One thing has struck me already: LEAVE HEAD ROOM and Lots of It!
Seems like some of the better images could be considered to be incomplete and most are not cropped. It appears that they leave plenty of room on images for advertisers to use to add their customization (tag lines, other image layers, etc.)
It appears that I may not have applied this guideline on the image above but it does appear to have some "headroom" on the right.
Well, I am looking forward to a long, rewarding and profitable relationship with Dreamstime!
Photo credits: Karl Davis.
- 12 tips to make your journey photogenic
- Best road trip destinations around the world
- Pet Rescue Photography: Bigsby
- Going on the road? Some thoughts
- Work Trips - How to combine commute to work with stock photography
- Three days, nine states and 1,000 miles
- How to Find Great Shots While on the Road
- How to Find Great Landscape Shots While on the Road