Heavy duty assignment winner ? What a great Joke ha ha.
My assignment picture on 'Heavy Duty' was voted Best.
Trust me, I am not a great photographer.
But, reading blogs of fellow photographers, and experts on DT has helped me a lot in improving my photography in last few months.
Every time, there is an achievement, like getting first approval, first sale, 50 uploads, 100 uploads, and first 100 dollors, I would feel great.
I have been submitting my pictures for assignments, but they were always rejected. I had no complaint, because I knew, I am not a great photographer.
Then, few weeks back, they approved my image for assignment. This thrilled me.
But, I never imagined that I would be able to get a picture approved in editorial section. Last week I got one such approval. This was a great moment for me.
However, It was beyond my wildest imagination, that my assignment image would be judged and voted best.
My eyes get slightly wet. I smile, laugh, called my son overseas. I am not that good, and this is a great funny joke.
May I say thanks to all those fellow photographers, who keep writing advised on message boards, and all people who blog with great advises.
I have learnt a lot from them, and this has really improved my skills.
I am still to improve a lot, but this award is something special for me.
They say I get an 80 GB apple iPod. Well, that would be perfect gift, that I will give to my 17 years young daughter.
I know, she will enjoy it most, while, I will keep enjoying my relationship with DT.
Photo credits: Arun Bhargava.
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget
- Don't Let Pixel Envy Drag You Down
- Reduce Eyeball Overload by Sticking to These Minimalist Design Tips
- Try These Quick Go-to Settings for Multiple Lighting Conditions
- The Road to a Perfect Ad: From the Consumers Perspective