Hells Canyon - Deepest Gorge in North America
Sitting on the border between Idaho and Oregon is Hells Canyon of the Snake River which is the deepest gorge in North America. Not to be compared with the width of Arizona's Grand Canyon, it still holds the distinction of being the deepest.
Hells Canyon plunges more than a mile below Oregon's west rim, and 8,000 feet below the snow-capped He Devil Peak of Idaho's Seven Devils Mountains on the other side. It is seen here from an Oregon ridge top near Hat Point Fire Lookout.
Photo credits: Martynelson.
- Capturing or generating emotions?
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready
- What to do if there is no photo camera?
- 4 Great Locations To Catch A Lake Ontario Sunrise In The Greater Toronto Area
- My first 200
- Provoking feelings