A Historic Building
It is the Abdul Gaffoor Mosque.
It was built on land leased by Shaik Abdul Gaffoor bin Shaik Hyder in 1859, the mosque was completed in 1910. It was financed by the Shaik through the lease of shophouses he had built in the 1880s.
The mosque was declared a national monument in 1979.
Photo credits: Lawrence Wee.
- Capturing or generating emotions?
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready
- What to do if there is no photo camera?
- 4 Great Locations To Catch A Lake Ontario Sunrise In The Greater Toronto Area
- My first 200
- Provoking feelings