How do I get the BG in a image to blur a bit?

I have seen some photo's that have something like a blur in the BG (background). I was wondering how I could get this effect with my camera couse its a pretty cool way to get the focus on the main object.

hope someone can help me out with that

lot of thnx

Photo credits: Deborah Benbrook, Javarman.

Your article must be written in English



The simplest thing to try first is to open the aperature as wide as it will go (with most cameras and lenses, this is usually an f.4 or f.5). Also, opt for a telephoto lens whenever you can, as they have a shallower depth of field.


Wich Camara would that be?


Hi easy if you have the right camera:)...

Related image searches
Background related image searches
To provide you with additional information about how we collect and use your personal data, we've recently updated our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service. Please review these pages now, as they apply to your continued use of our website.