How I did it: Vectorizing an image
... in Illustrator.
First, place a high-contrasted image (high-key image, in this case my model Iva into Illustrator work area.
There is a bunch of tracing software and plug-ins out there, but for this example I decided to do tracing manually with pencil tool.
Use your imagination, draw something that you imagine, not just what you see.
In order to get a right side of the face copy+paste left half, mirror and join to get the full picture, and then draw an oval shape around.
Make some basic elements like simple flowers, leaves, circles and stains.
On the other hand, if you need this illustration for any purposes and don’t want to bother going through all this then get it here...
Photo credits: Bsilvia.
- Use a cooling off period for better submissions
- Summer Thunderstorms - The Water Cycle
- 10 tips to help you write a good blog
- Tip of the Week: Creating your own custom cards
- “You Should Frame That!” (How many photographs can a wall handle?)
- Punta Della Dogana, Venice: The Quiet Brother of the Proud Piazza San Marco
- How to shoot great portraits on location
- Wild Glory