How I did it: Vectorizing an image
... in Illustrator.
First, place a high-contrasted image (high-key image, in this case my model Iva into Illustrator work area.
There is a bunch of tracing software and plug-ins out there, but for this example I decided to do tracing manually with pencil tool.
Use your imagination, draw something that you imagine, not just what you see.
In order to get a right side of the face copy+paste left half, mirror and join to get the full picture, and then draw an oval shape around.
Make some basic elements like simple flowers, leaves, circles and stains.
On the other hand, if you need this illustration for any purposes and don’t want to bother going through all this then get it here...
Photo credits: Bsilvia.
- Halloween Creatures: the Owl
- A Moment of Awe-Inspiring Wonder
- An emotional wakening (eventually)
- Everybody loves to take pictures of cats
- Halloween Creatures: the Black Cat
- Aim to shoot for International markets- Advice for stock footage
- Halloween Creatures: the Spider
- Tip of the week: Stock photography and Social Media