How much is second hand worth?
So how much are used goods worth?
When it comes to cameras, be very careful. If you have noticed the amount of new technology coming out over the past 12 months, you should be very wary about buying anything second hand.
Check first that the camera is the current model, and when the upgrade is likely. Then you can use some basic maths to get the true value figure.
Brand new: The current average new price, less the tax, less 10%. The original buyer paid a percentage of the price to the government as tax. You should not repeat their mistake.
Very good: 65% of new price, less the tax.
Good: 40% of the new price, less the tax.
Less than good, steer clear all together.
Lenses and other accessories
Pristine: 75% of the price of the cheapest online available.
Very good: 60% of the price of the cheapest online available.
Good: 35% of the price of the cheapest online available.
Just remember, it is always a BUYER's market. Things are only ever worth what someone is willing to pay for them.
Nature and Wildlife Photography
- Rules Were Made to be Broken
- A Personal Take on Nature Photography
- Kefalonia - Greek Paradise for vacation and photography
- Where can I get high quality photos for free?
- Geology makes landscapes look the way they do
- Tip of the week: Use a compact rugged camera to get a different view
- 10 tips for The Casual Nature Photographer
- Donate your skills!