How to address a message to support
May 19, 2009
Here are some general guideline about addressing messages to support:
- make sure you explain your problem as thoroughly as possible and give as many details as you can. We will not be able to help you if your message is "I have a problem with uploading.";
- include the possible error messages you received;
- if you require priority review include all the IDs of the images you need review for as well as the reason why they should be prioritized. You can only ask for such a review if the image is uploaded for a photo request. In this case, you must include a link to the thread on our message boards. If the image depicts an international event, a link to a major news site describing the event should be made available to the editor;
- if you need your model releases to be replaced or have other model releases questions either include the ID of the model release or the name of the document;
- your image was refused and you need more information on how to improve yourself and your work. Include the ID of the refused image in the message text. Remember we have thousands of submissions each day and we can't pinpoint a refused image without an ID; reply immediately after you received the email, not ten days later (the image will be unavailable by then)
- when you are asking about licenses, describe the usage of the images , for example, "I am printing this image on a T-shirt that I am not going to sell, but wear it myself" is a good description and the answer will be quick and simple: "You can buy the image with the royalty free license". If you would only have written "I am printing this image on a T-shirt" the editor would've had to send a longer message covering both royalty free and print extended licenses since you didn't specify the end usage of the item.
Last but not least make sure you have checked our FAQ before you address your question, the answer may already be there and your problem would find it's solution much faster.
To end, remember that giving all the details will bring you faster and more accurate answers from our admins and editors.
Related image searches
Contact related image searches
This article has been read 2471 times. Photo credits: Icefront.