How to be found with few images in portfolio
Maybe I'm only lucky, or maybe my work is on the right way...
I've been able to sell 4 images with only 21 images in my portfolio. You can see I'm on Dt since march 2009, it's true, but I had only three or four images since last December. So I can say I've been working a little on Dt only for about 3 or 4 monthes, and in the last two weeks I've been selling 3 images. Not bad, I think.
I think this could be a useful summary of my work for beginners:
2. READ - read a lot here on DT, it can help you in learning tecniques, in shooting particoular subjects and in having inspiration.
3. HAVE A LOOK - find time to have a look to the most important photographers or of the ones with many sells. It can help you in learning what it really means "stock oriented" pictures.
4. PARTECIPATE - writing blogs or answering message board can help you in being known by DT users
5. KEYWORDING - you would have read about it in many blogs and messages: well it's true a good keywording could help a lot!
6. GOOD LUCK - as in many things luck is always a good partner. But remember: she's blind, but you can help her ;)
Photo credits: Trottola.
- Having A Set Of Pictures Can Increase Sales
- Crafting Pattern Ideas And Tips For Beginners
- 110 images online
- Direct, to the point: How call to action
- 4 Great Photoshop Text Effects to Make your Message Pop
- How to Capture Personalities when taking Portraits
- Turn your Favorite Photo into an Epic Movie Poster
- 5 Helpful Tips for using Mac Photo