How to make a custom feedback-loop effect for your Facebook Timeline Cover
Tonight, as I was wasting precious time on Facebook, I had an idea to make a really neat feedback-loop effect for my timeline cover image. I thought it would be nice to post a quick article about how to make similar effects for your timeline. You will need Windows built in screen capture tool, or a similar screen capture program.
1. I took a screen capture of my current Facebook timeline. I made sure to memorize the exact area I had cropped, and saved the image as fb1.png.
2. I uploaded fb1.png as my new timeline photo and shifted the image up and to the right, so that it begins to make a tunneling or mirrored feedback effect.
3. Next, I took a second screen capture using the same cropping as before, Saving the file as fb2.png.
3. I repeated the above steps several times, until I had achieved an interesting feedback effect.
You can check out my cool timeline effect on my facebook fan page at www.facebook.com/aaronruttenart (while you're there, show your support and become a fan)
Or view it on my website at: www.surrealpixelstudio.com/downloads/fb4.png
Watch the Video Tutorial on YouTube
Photo credits: Aaron Rutten
- Edmonds, United States
Partial Client List:
Media Kit: https://aaronrutten.link/media
Specialties: Digital Illustration, Art Education, Graphic Design, YouTube Creator, Product Reviews
Awards: Corel Painter Master Elite
I'm a Seattle based artist and educator who specializes in digital painting with Corel Painter and a Wacom tablet. I share my illustration techniques as video tutorials on my YouTube channel that has over 100,000 subscribers and more than 12 Million views. My collection of 1000+ video tutorials teach artists nearly every aspect of digital painting with software such as Corel Painter, Photoshop, ArtRage and ******** Illustrator. I also work with companies like Wacom and Logitech to review products that are useful for digital artists. In my studio, I use a Wacom Cintiq 27QHD and I paint outdoors on a Wacom MobileStudio Pro 16.
I have been teaching art lessons for over 7 years, and provide both in-person lessons and online courses. Students have traveled from as far away as Qatar to study in person with me.
I have been using Corel Painter for more than a decade. I am honored to have been chosen as a Corel Painter Master Elite. I'm also a Corel Painter Beta Tester and member of the Corel Painter Advisory Council.
Get all the latest info, freebies and a free trial delivered right to your inbox!
1. Can't move the image left or right? You may need to take a wider screen capture.
To achieve this you may need to increase your monitor resolution to a larger size. (i.e" 1440 x 900 or larger)
2. Don't have Windows 7 or a snipping tool? You can use this free screen snipping tool: http://getgreenshot.org/downloads or search google for "free screen snipping tool"
Interesting work :) It certainly does make Facebook timeline very unique.
Thats agood idea , thanks :)