How to get more sales and bring more buyers to your portfolio? Part I
Usually I was shooting in studio. But after reviewing top sales on many sites I found out that most of them (99%) has been done outdoor or are photo montage. As you all know 99% of us, submitters, can make massage photo isolated on white in studio. But how many of us can make, for example photos of people in Casino, like the world's current best seller photographer Yuri?
Less than 1%, because it is expensive and very hard to make a deal with Casino owners to close for some time. So my new idea and focus is to look for unique locations and better models (to have more than one) and make photos that can not be reproduced by majority on the stock, rather to have that percentage smaller. By this you will bring more buyers to your portfolio because you'll have unique photos.
Here are some of examples from my sessions in last 2 months, that are bestsellers on all sites:
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images
- Alba Iulia Fortress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite
- The Stock Photography Industry is Changing Again, Will You Be Able to Change Too?
- Tip of the week: Illustrations, how to and how not to