How to get to Heartbreak Hill for the Boston Marathon
Heartbreak hill is the famous lat hill between mile 20-21 on the boston marathon. It is famous because it occurs right where the athletes get tired.
There are many great editorial photo opportunities because there is a lot of straining and exertion. Also, the athletes are running slower(uphill) so you have more opportunities.
To get there via subway, take the Green Line (B branch) to the end of the Boston College line. Cross the street(sunlight will be coming from the left) and walk a mile up the hill and find a place the light is good.
If you want a press pass you need to apply in February.
Photo credits: John Kropewnicki.
- It's a Beautiful Day
- How Do You Add Emotion to an Inanimate Object?
- Tension, fear, admiration, pride, all in one photo
- How to create emotions in photography?
- Capturing or generating emotions?
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready