HOW TO INCREASE DETAILS IN YOUR SHOT IN FIVE SIMPLE STEPS
March 27, 2013
I know there are lots of photographers out there like me who worked very hard to take a shot and loved it the most. But when reviewed it on their laptop or PC before submission to the site, felt lack of DETAILS in that shot and went into frustration over the result of hard work. As most of the photographers don't know the exact method to increase the Details by Sharpening the images so that it does not produce unnecessary noise and other unwanted things due to the sharpness. Because sharpening to enhance Details in a image technically, is a bit complicated process and besides that over-sharpening may ruin your shot further and let that shot delve into rejection for many reasons. But there is no need to worry, there is one easiest method to sharpen your image in Photoshop which would dramatically improve the details in your shot within just few simple steps and the good news is that it is not a rocket science. Even if you have the basic skills of Photoshop, you can achieve the goal of sharpening the images very easily. The method is this:-
1. Open your image in Photoshop.
2. Duplicate the image by pressing CTR. + J in PC OR OPT + J in Mac so that you may not ruin you image or we call it Non-destructive editing in technical language.
3. Go to the FILTERS Drop down menu which is located on the top most bar of the Photoshop and click OTHERS then choose HIGH PASS and small window box would pop up, which would give an option to increase or decrease the value slider of RADIUS TO PIXEL.
4. Increase the Value by sliding the value slider to the right depending on your desired details Click OK!
you might get shocked at this time because your image must have turned into some absurd grey colored layer. But don't panic here is the next step which would give you the sigh of relief.
5. Go to the LAYERS BLENDING drop down option which is located on the lower right corner of your PC or Laptop screen. Default mode is NORMAL. Just click the OVERLAY option and there you go. Your Image has got lots of Details easily.
But if you still feel that sharpening has been enhanced too much details based on your selection of RADIUS value in the HIGH PASS Filter, don't worry, just lower the OPACITY, which is situated just next to the Layers Blending mode on the lower right corner of your PC or Laptop Screen, from 100% to whatever you feel right for your.
And if you feel the above process is too complicated, just re-read it and you would be easily able to comprehend the simple process. And last but not least always remember, "EVERYTHING IS HARD BEFORE ITS EASY!"
This is my first Blog and please do comment about the tutorial and I would try to improve next time and would bring more tutorials in simple steps. Thanks! for reading!
Related image searches
Steps related image searches
This article has been read 2686 times. Photo credits: Harshvardhan.