How to Photograph a Beer Glass
Here's a short video on how to photograph shiny glass objects, like this golfer beer glass, without getting the glare on the front.
• Use a piece of white poster board curved up the back with black strips on either side that will be out of the frame.
• You will need a floodlight or a strobe that you can aim on to the background only.
• Grab your favorite beer glass and a brand of beer that comes in a clear bottle.
• Place the glass in position and make sure that all the lighting is coming from behind.
• Cinch in the black strips so that they will be just outside the field of view. The black strips will make sure that the edges of the beer glass show up well.
• Put your camera on a tripod in the portrait (vertical) viewpoint.
• Start pouring and shooting.
• Pick your best images- then drink up and enjoy.
• You can use the photo to advertise beer or golf, or both.
Photo credits: Grant Hughes.
- How to Guide Clients toward Making the Best Design Choices
- Designing Business Cards that Get the Job Done
- Secret of Image Selection! Crossed 300 images
- What are calls-to-action for users in a site?
- How to make a football photo outside of the stadium
- How to Photograph Coffee for Instagram Posts - Pro Tips
- Creating Calls-to-Action that Work
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava