How to Photograph a Beer Glass
Here's a short video on how to photograph shiny glass objects, like this golfer beer glass, without getting the glare on the front.
• Use a piece of white poster board curved up the back with black strips on either side that will be out of the frame.
• You will need a floodlight or a strobe that you can aim on to the background only.
• Grab your favorite beer glass and a brand of beer that comes in a clear bottle.
• Place the glass in position and make sure that all the lighting is coming from behind.
• Cinch in the black strips so that they will be just outside the field of view. The black strips will make sure that the edges of the beer glass show up well.
• Put your camera on a tripod in the portrait (vertical) viewpoint.
• Start pouring and shooting.
• Pick your best images- then drink up and enjoy.
• You can use the photo to advertise beer or golf, or both.
Photo credits: Grant Hughes.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images