Hunting for northern light
This is the 4th winter I am spending in Lofoten, a norwegian archipelago about 100 miles over the arctic circle and finally, with my new SLR camera I was able to take the first decent picture of a northern light this picture is pending for approval and I really hope will be accepted; I have found anyway the right settings for taking good pictures of northern light with moderate noise. I have just to wait for the next night with a good strong northern light, place my tripod outside and taking pictures, and just variate ISO sensibility and exposing time in order to improve the quality of my pictures
The big efforts that we, arctic photographers, we are making during the wintertime are balaced by the easiness of taking night pics in summertime's nights; the following one was taken last june at 11.30 PM
Photo credits: Paologozzi.
How to shoot events
- Pet Rescue Photography: Otis
- Chess ... what a passion!
- Professional Caption For Event Photography
- Tips on media filling
- Body parts in photography
- 10 cleanest cities in the world for the year 2018 which attracted many tourists and photographers
- Location Spotlight: Anna Ruby Falls, Georgia
- Tip of the Week: When is a model release required?