Since I didn't have to work at my full time job for a few days, I took a drive around the city and to a few other closer towns nearby to see the destruction, what I saw were a lot of trees uprooted or snapped in half, utility poles were either on the ground or leaning and some minor flooding. The people in our community were prepared for this hurricane, I think because of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita 3 years ago that people listened to the warnings. Majority of residents fled to nearby states like Arkansas or Texas.
We were lucky that Gustav came in as a Cat 2 and hauled A•• through, instead of sitting on us and strengthening. I will be uploading some of the photos sometime next week to show how the wind damage was.
Photo credits: Eti Swinford.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- Putting Your Town on the Map: How to Rediscover Your Own Home in Photos
- Spend the time where it counts
- Tip of the week: Putting things into perspective
- How to Make Gorgeous Gradients for any Background
- GIMP Vs Photoshop
- Apple in Mirror
- Composite Images: The New Secret to Success in Stock Photography
- Fontastic: Picking the Perfect Font for Your Design Project