Since I didn't have to work at my full time job for a few days, I took a drive around the city and to a few other closer towns nearby to see the destruction, what I saw were a lot of trees uprooted or snapped in half, utility poles were either on the ground or leaning and some minor flooding. The people in our community were prepared for this hurricane, I think because of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita 3 years ago that people listened to the warnings. Majority of residents fled to nearby states like Arkansas or Texas.
We were lucky that Gustav came in as a Cat 2 and hauled A•• through, instead of sitting on us and strengthening. I will be uploading some of the photos sometime next week to show how the wind damage was.
Photo credits: Eti Swinford.
How to shoot events
- How To Create Epic Star Wars Style Star Fields in Adobe Photoshop
- Easy Ways to Create These 5 Retro Photography Styles from the Past
- 8 Lightroom Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
- How to Ensure Your Website’s Images Look Great on Retina Displays
- Animal Shelter Photography: Doc
- Mastering the Basics : Adobe Photoshop
- Mastering the Basics : Adobe Lightroom
- Maximize Your use of Dreamstime Lightboxes