I finally upgraded to a DSLR
After 4 years in DT, a porfolio of 1,561 and 2,279 pictures sold, I finally have upgraded from my Canon Powershot G9 to a Canon 550D with a 18-135 lens
I suppose this won't be a big deal for the most of you, who have been in stock with a DSLR from the beginning, but it is an important step for me :)
I have learned all I know about photography on my own: in forums, talking to experts and specially in microstock. I have learned what is the shutter speed, the diaphragm aperture, how affects the speed into the bluriness of a shot (night photos --> tripod!)...
Now this is another step for me, learn about the lens, learn how to focus, etc. With the G9 and before that, with the A700, I always shooted in manual mode, I had the focus issue rather controlled, but with this one I feel that I have a lot to learn!
If any of you own the 550D or a similar model I'm totally open to advice and tips :)
- Waterfalls: Hints To Make The Best Of Your Photographic Experience
- What makes a travel photography bestseller
- Animal Shelter Photography: Bama
- The orangutang baby
- The perfect location shoot for a book cover!
- Splendour of Southampton
- 10 Tips for Travel Photographers
- Tip of the week: When is a model camera ready?