I finally upgraded to a DSLR
After 4 years in DT, a porfolio of 1,561 and 2,279 pictures sold, I finally have upgraded from my Canon Powershot G9 to a Canon 550D with a 18-135 lens
I suppose this won't be a big deal for the most of you, who have been in stock with a DSLR from the beginning, but it is an important step for me :)
I have learned all I know about photography on my own: in forums, talking to experts and specially in microstock. I have learned what is the shutter speed, the diaphragm aperture, how affects the speed into the bluriness of a shot (night photos --> tripod!)...
Now this is another step for me, learn about the lens, learn how to focus, etc. With the G9 and before that, with the A700, I always shooted in manual mode, I had the focus issue rather controlled, but with this one I feel that I have a lot to learn!
If any of you own the 550D or a similar model I'm totally open to advice and tips :)
- Capturing or generating emotions?
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready
- What to do if there is no photo camera?
- 4 Great Locations To Catch A Lake Ontario Sunrise In The Greater Toronto Area
- My first 200
- Provoking feelings