I got my dream gear 5D Mark II - Dreamstime
Dear friends I am happy to share with all of you that finally I purchased my dream gear canon 5D Mark II. I must admit the quality of the produced images is awesome!!
I started working on photography from around 2004. My first camera was Nikon coolpix4100. I brought that for shooting pictures of my daughter Mansi. Slowly I started loving digital photography. I started to participate in some online photography contest. I come to know limitation of my small gear. I upgraded to SONY DSC-H2 at around 2005. This camera was supporting all manual settings with 12X optical zoom. I learned a lot with this camera. I changed my gear only after realizing their limitations for my work. I worked with canon 400D for around 4-5 years.
The major decision for switching to full frame body was requirement of high ISO performance, it's suitability to my favorite photography areas like portrait & landscape, HD video shooting capabilities & the to have quality photographs of my new born son on 15th March 2011
Currently I have three EF lenses for this camera.
1. Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
2. Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro
3. Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM
I was slightly confused between canon 24-105 & canon 24-70. So I have kept this focal length lens purchase pending. Also there is rumor of up gradation of 24-70. I will sold out my old gear 400D & EF-S lenses eventually.
I know there is another strong rumor of up gradation of 5D Mark II. But as per the discussed reasons I considered better to go for than waiting.
My only advice to serious amateur photographers will be to save for quality lenses & gear. It's quiet tempting to go for cheap lenses but at last you result to experience the same which I am saying.
I hope I will have very nice time with this new gear & lot more interesting images to share with all of you :)
Photo credits: , Indianeye.
- Spring is coming, time for a clean up
- How to Stay Safe When Photographing in Extreme Weather
- 5 Ways to Creatively Add Reflections in Your Stock Images
- Create Your Own Custom Brushes in Adobe Photoshop
- Species Spotlight: Killdeer... voice that carries
- Tip of the week: How to make your descriptions work for you
- Creative Ways to Incorporate Reflections in Your Photography
- First commercial steps with a drone