I Love Photography, but I’m Mad About Football
The World Cup started today and I couldn’t resist a blog about another passion I have, and I hope you hear me out even though this passion of mine may be of no interest to you.
I have always been fascinated by football or soccer as it is known in far off lands which prefer their own sports. The last time I was in the U.S. was more than 20 years ago, I was still a teenager. I distinctly remember being invited by my cousins, to join them and their friends who were playing football in the garden. Music to my ears. Once I reached the garden I saw their friends throwing an oval shaped ball. I turned to my cousins and my words were something like this, “Hey, I thought we were going to be playing football!”.
Pretty much anyone from any nation, can appreciate a good photo. Not so with football. Most Americans that I encounter on my travels, complain that there aren’t enough points (goals for the rest of us) in the game and how can you have a game where nobody wins.
Let me try to explain..
- Always Ready
- Underwater Life List (Wide-angle) #3: Sea turtles
- Tip of the week: Of Travelling and Planning
- Tips for Picking Fonts that Compliment Your Message not Distract From it
- Know Your Subject
- Bad Weather Photography: One Way to Salvage a Poor Day in A Good Location
- Engaging Bird Photography
- Dog Rescue Photography: Bozo