I am in love with a texture.
My new interests as a contributor here on DT is in the creation of things that whirl around in my head. I find myself collecting things and textures. The one I am finding the most use for (at the moment) is this cracked asphalt driveway of a home in my neighborhood.
It is so compelling to look at and has so many uses. When I begin a new 'canvas' I spend much time developing the idea that it becomes my goal to have more than one finished product. Much like contributors on a shoot where they have their model pose in many ways or use many expressions. My goal is to have 2 to 3 uses for a subject matter.
In the case the texture was the driver of the imagery. Here are a few finished products using the cracked drive way. I use layers and streaks of colors at different opacities to achieve the tones and gold hues (gold is also a current favorite of mine... well that and blue!).
Photo credits: Eti Swinford.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images