I think geese are smarter than I
I love to watch wildlife and how they live. I have come to really appreciate the Canadian geese. As I get closer to winter I increase my complaining about how cold it is, how the cost of heat is rising, how the days are so short that I seem to never see the sun.
Geese on the other hand start practicing the vee flight pattern for migration.
I sit in meetings preaching how we all need to work together and make teamwork more than just a word.
Meanwhile the geese use each other for lift as they fly and change leaders often so no one goose has to take all the wind.
In the middle of winter I'll be here in the deep freeze.
Oh., and the geese? they keep going south and won't return until it's warm and the days are longer.
Photo credits: Dave Willman.
- Use a cooling off period for better submissions
- Summer Thunderstorms - The Water Cycle
- 10 tips to help you write a good blog
- Tip of the Week: Creating your own custom cards
- “You Should Frame That!” (How many photographs can a wall handle?)
- Punta Della Dogana, Venice: The Quiet Brother of the Proud Piazza San Marco
- How to shoot great portraits on location
- Wild Glory