I wrote a book!
I wrote a book and I used for its cover a Dreamstime collection image by Richmond Paul Ruiz. I even wrote a credit line in the technical info page. (Hey, does that count as a badge?)
I said image because I'm not sure this is a photograph. Either way, it is a wonderfull image that I could not have done on my own (and I tried :) ) and looks just amazing on the book cover.
For once, and only time so far, I was on the buyers side!
I also used a couple more photos of mine (granite textures), but DT has a huge collection of that type of imagery and didn't accept mine ;)
About the book, it is a novel, a diving archaelogical adventure recalling the Atlantis myth all the way through. The name is "Sonhos da Atlântida".
Sorry for all of you, non-portuguese speakers, but this book was written in portuguese and, unless I become famous very fast, I don't think it will be available in english any day soon.
But I can translate the title, it's "Atlantis Dreams" :D
It is written for more than two years now, but I was not able to find a publisher and I finally decided to go ahead with a self-publish option.
There's also a facebook page, and the site where it can be bought online, but then again, everything in portuguese.
If you'd like me to translate some particular piece of it, just let me know :)
And if, by any chance, you happen to be in Lisbon by the 9th of May, I'll be signing the book at Lisbon book fair at 19:00. I'll be in such a small place that you could never find me unless I told I would be there. So I'm telling you :D
Photo credits: Richmond Paul Ruiz.
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget
- Don't Let Pixel Envy Drag You Down
- Reduce Eyeball Overload by Sticking to These Minimalist Design Tips
- Try These Quick Go-to Settings for Multiple Lighting Conditions
- The Road to a Perfect Ad: From the Consumers Perspective