Ice and snow
It's cold. Days are short and everything turns black and white. No big fan of cold days, I found a camera could make winter much more interesting.
I found that gardens can still be pretty in a totally different way. There might not be colorful flowers or greenery, but the objects in the garden really stand out against a nice clean background (especially after a snow storm):
I can stay nice and cozy inside, and still capture something from a window when the snow gives the ordinary scenery a makeover:
But if I venture out in the cold weather, my hands might be frozen, I might have trouble keeping balance on slippery roads, but I might find a beautiful still life in the neighborhood:
or, that a lakeshore beach has turned into a winter wonderland:
What are your cold weather subjects?
Photo credits: , Jinlide.
- The most beautiful 5 places in the Republic of Moldova
- The language of colors
- Give a Little Whistle: Bird Call Playback and Photography
- Using Colors to drive your sales
- Tip of the week: Photography basics - Aperture
- I need to get out more. Some background information
- Tip of the Week: Using a Pin Hole Camera
- Professional Portfolio: How to Frame Your Photographs