If at first you don't succeed...
Fortunately, sunsets like this are common in the tropics. Clouds always seem to form at the right time for a spectacular sunset. I missed it the first night, but was determined to be prepared the next. I placed my camera into a ziplock bag and left it out on the balcony. When the time was right I pulled it out and took a picture. Unfortunately to get a good exposure at low ISO required a ten second exposure. Not a chance of hand holding it. I found a nice solid spot on the cement railing and took a few shots with the camera balanced on self timer. Turned out great!
Photo credits: Brad Calkins.
- 12 tips to make your journey photogenic
- Best road trip destinations around the world
- Pet Rescue Photography: Bigsby
- Going on the road? Some thoughts
- Work Trips - How to combine commute to work with stock photography
- Three days, nine states and 1,000 miles
- How to Find Great Shots While on the Road
- How to Find Great Landscape Shots While on the Road