Illustrations secret : create vectors !
My portofolio consists mostly of illustrations I make. So if you are an illustration artist too, then it's important to know this: Vector images sell better ! .. How do I know ? I didn't know this until today and from now on I will start working vector illustrations. I talked about this with my friends and made some stats and decided vectors rule in the illustration world. For instance:
- vectors are more easily editable
- they don't depend on resolution, so you can change their size without quality loss
- some mictostock sites price vectorial illustrations higher
So vectors can be better used by buyers. The secret is: they need vectors.I believe you should know this too. Many of my illustrations such as the one below are non-vectorial. I don't know how many more sales I could make if this was vectorial:
Photo credits: Artaniss8.
- 5 Fun Ways to Celebrate Halloween at Home
- 5 Branding Tips for Logo Designers
- Feeding the Wildlife
- How to shoot good pictures with a cheap camera
- Why viewing an image is not an exact science
- Not Much Color in the Photo? Here's what you can do!
- Weekly Stock Photo Review 01: Clear Subject
- Tip of the Week: 20 Must-Know Keyboard Shortcuts for Photoshop