Illustrations secret : create vectors !
My portofolio consists mostly of illustrations I make. So if you are an illustration artist too, then it's important to know this: Vector images sell better ! .. How do I know ? I didn't know this until today and from now on I will start working vector illustrations. I talked about this with my friends and made some stats and decided vectors rule in the illustration world. For instance:
- vectors are more easily editable
- they don't depend on resolution, so you can change their size without quality loss
- some mictostock sites price vectorial illustrations higher
So vectors can be better used by buyers. The secret is: they need vectors.I believe you should know this too. Many of my illustrations such as the one below are non-vectorial. I don't know how many more sales I could make if this was vectorial:
Photo credits: Artaniss8.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget