Illustrations secret : create vectors !
My portofolio consists mostly of illustrations I make. So if you are an illustration artist too, then it's important to know this: Vector images sell better ! .. How do I know ? I didn't know this until today and from now on I will start working vector illustrations. I talked about this with my friends and made some stats and decided vectors rule in the illustration world. For instance:
- vectors are more easily editable
- they don't depend on resolution, so you can change their size without quality loss
- some mictostock sites price vectorial illustrations higher
So vectors can be better used by buyers. The secret is: they need vectors.I believe you should know this too. Many of my illustrations such as the one below are non-vectorial. I don't know how many more sales I could make if this was vectorial:
Photo credits: Artaniss8.
- Capturing or generating emotions?
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready
- What to do if there is no photo camera?
- 4 Great Locations To Catch A Lake Ontario Sunrise In The Greater Toronto Area
- My first 200
- Provoking feelings