Images from Amsterdam - working in concepts.
Last year I read on article on how to develop a succesfull strategy in Micro Stock Imaging. On of the advices was: Make that long planned trip to Amsterdam. Well, I've been living in this city since I was born so I had the Illusion that a Micro Stock Carreer would be easy. I must say that this Image from Amsterdam is my best selling one....
But... my first idea of making a fortune on Dreamstime with only The Famous Canal Houses in Amsterdam didn't work out very well. I got lots of Rejections, The subject is covered well in the Database. While struggeling I learned to work and see in concepts instead of looking up to the sky all the time. I managed to see and make images like these:
All images in my Portfolio are shot in Amsterdam but from most of the you can not tell.....Most best sellers were not planned and were shot near my house. For me, shooting stock for DT is related to being open, creative and being connected to my intuition. The quality of my images and concepts is getting better and it feels amazing when I look back in time on what I have achieved.
Sales of images are always a great motivation. So people, if you are a beginner just like me, keep on putting effort in shooting and improve yourself.
I wanna thank DT for being here and being such a great inspiration.
Photo credits: Wilfred Stanley Sussenbach.
How to shoot events
- How To Create Epic Star Wars Style Star Fields in Adobe Photoshop
- Easy Ways to Create These 5 Retro Photography Styles from the Past
- 8 Lightroom Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
- How to Ensure Your Website’s Images Look Great on Retina Displays
- Animal Shelter Photography: Doc
- Mastering the Basics : Adobe Photoshop
- Mastering the Basics : Adobe Lightroom
- Maximize Your use of Dreamstime Lightboxes