Images from Amsterdam - working in concepts.
Last year I read on article on how to develop a succesfull strategy in Micro Stock Imaging. On of the advices was: Make that long planned trip to Amsterdam. Well, I've been living in this city since I was born so I had the Illusion that a Micro Stock Carreer would be easy. I must say that this Image from Amsterdam is my best selling one....
But... my first idea of making a fortune on Dreamstime with only The Famous Canal Houses in Amsterdam didn't work out very well. I got lots of Rejections, The subject is covered well in the Database. While struggeling I learned to work and see in concepts instead of looking up to the sky all the time. I managed to see and make images like these:
All images in my Portfolio are shot in Amsterdam but from most of the you can not tell.....Most best sellers were not planned and were shot near my house. For me, shooting stock for DT is related to being open, creative and being connected to my intuition. The quality of my images and concepts is getting better and it feels amazing when I look back in time on what I have achieved.
Sales of images are always a great motivation. So people, if you are a beginner just like me, keep on putting effort in shooting and improve yourself.
I wanna thank DT for being here and being such a great inspiration.
Photo credits: Wilfred Stanley Sussenbach.
- Understanding the Stock Industry and What Buyers Are Looking For
- There is a flower farm nearby my apartment
- How to Design Calls-to-Action That Get Mouse Buttons Clicking
- Tips On Creating Design Illustration Patterns
- Journey is often more beautiful than the destination
- Crossed 250 images 26 days (Story from Beginning)
- How to take better pictures of a butterfly?
- A New Sport for Many People