After I started to work as a free contributor, I have experienced that there are no Industry Standards in micro stock business.
Some agencies accepts images which others never approve. More interesting, the best and most selling images of your portfolio might be rejected due to inconsistent reasons in some agencies.
One agency , which wants me to use their own model release form , has rejected all of my works due to that reason.But later they accepted one of my images with the same model with same universal MR I submitted ! It was funny.
Another thing is about white balance issue. It is obvious that if Mr. Kelvin was a microstcok photographer he would even regret for his own invention ! Correct WB is something which depends to eye calibration of reviewers more than the measurable heat of the light !
Now I never try to correct my images to make any agency to approve them. If one does not approve another does. If one can not sell than another agency sells. Every or any rejection they made is the money they loose as well as mine ...
One more thing , DT is really the best one !
Thank you very much for reading
Photo credits: Serdar Tibet.
- Tip of the week: How to be more visible to buyers
- Animal Shelter Photography: Titan
- Location planning for the British and Irish Underwater Photography Championship 2018
- The fool in the rain
- HOW TO: LOCATIONS from an Austin Photographer
- Try and try again...
- How to find your unique 'Niche' as a photographer
- Waterfalls: Hints To Make The Best Of Your Photographic Experience