Inspiration from Blogs
After being a member of Dreamstime for about a year and a half I haven't really put much effort into my portfolio, I keep planning to come back and make an effort but when I do take some photos I don't think they are technically good enough and I don't want to destroy my acceptance ratio.
I think a lot of time it is a lack of inspiration, I don't want to upload photos that there are hundreds of. I am pretty sure I won't be able to compete. I find that reading through other peoples blogs though gives you another insight into what can be done.
I read through Wisconsinart's latest blog Instead of Uploading the Obvious, You Should Upload the OBVIOUS and it got me thinking of what is happening around me that provides me with unique opportunities.
At the moment I am building a house, don't know why I didn't realise earlier but this can provide me with a whole lot of construction shots throughout the whole build and hopefully a few sales. It is not likely that I will get this opportunity again.
No doubt by the time the house is finished my portfolio will be full of house construction photos, as long as Dreamstime keeps accepting them. All of the above three were accepted with none rejected so it gives me hope for future submissions.
Finally I would like to thank Wisconsinart for his blogs. I find them informative while being humorous at the same time.
Photo credits: Swelsh1.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images