An inspiring website - strobist.com
Try visiting strobist
I find this site particularly inspiring, and it is one of those sites which makes you want to grab your camera and get shooting.
The idea is basically about using hotshoe flashes as strobes, by adding stands, remote triggers and various ingenious additions to create various creative lighting effects. There is a guy who contributes to the site's Flickr images who takes shots of expensive designer watches using this kind of setup, and the results are fantastic.
I'm still struggling to get my head around the setup of equipment required, as the 'creator' of the concept is using all Nikon equipment, and adapting this to suit my Canon stuff seems to be a little more complex... although there do seem to be people using Canon on there.
Have a look if you haven't already... it really is remarkable the results which are possible using these techniques.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step
- The Struggle: a wildlife photography journal
- Its all about the place. Insights about my best sales.
- The secret of my success
- These are a few of My Favourite Things: Something New
- To sell or not to sell. What makes the difference?
- Tip of the Week: Photographing the Moon