An inspiring website - strobist.com
Try visiting strobist
I find this site particularly inspiring, and it is one of those sites which makes you want to grab your camera and get shooting.
The idea is basically about using hotshoe flashes as strobes, by adding stands, remote triggers and various ingenious additions to create various creative lighting effects. There is a guy who contributes to the site's Flickr images who takes shots of expensive designer watches using this kind of setup, and the results are fantastic.
I'm still struggling to get my head around the setup of equipment required, as the 'creator' of the concept is using all Nikon equipment, and adapting this to suit my Canon stuff seems to be a little more complex... although there do seem to be people using Canon on there.
Have a look if you haven't already... it really is remarkable the results which are possible using these techniques.
- Capturing or generating emotions?
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready
- What to do if there is no photo camera?
- 4 Great Locations To Catch A Lake Ontario Sunrise In The Greater Toronto Area
- My first 200
- Provoking feelings