An Interesting Thing
Two days ago, I uploaded 2 pictures that I “dug” from my hard drive. I was not sure they were good enough to pass editor’s view, just try. When they were in my pending files, I found one of the File ID numbers is “8888880”. As many people know, in Chinese, the "8" is a lucky number. It sounds similar to the word “fa” which means "prosper" or "wealth". In Cantonese dialects "8" and "fortune" are also similar. “8888880” is the luckiest number that I met in my life so far and I didn’t want lose it. So I put my wish on “Comment for editor” area……
Some interesting things about “8”:
. “A local telephone number with all digits being eights was sold for US$270,723 in Sichuan, China.”
. “The cell phone number “1x9-8888888” (cell phone numbers are 11 digitals now in China) was sold for almost US$90,000 in Shenzhen, China in 1990s.”
. “A man in Hangzhou offered to sell his license plate reading A88888 for RMB 1.12 million (roughly US$164,000).”
. “The opening ceremony of the Summer Olympics in Beijing began on 8/8/08 at 8 seconds and 8 minutes past 8 pm (local time).”
Good luck and happy Easter to you all!
Thanks for your reading.
Photo credits: Tracy0703.
- Having A Set Of Pictures Can Increase Sales
- Crafting Pattern Ideas And Tips For Beginners
- 110 images online
- Direct, to the point: How call to action
- 4 Great Photoshop Text Effects to Make your Message Pop
- How to Capture Personalities when taking Portraits
- Turn your Favorite Photo into an Epic Movie Poster
- 5 Helpful Tips for using Mac Photo