Interrupted start with DT
Hello, just like to share my story so far with DT since I never came across anybody that started here the way I did.
I've been interested in stock photography since around the mid '90s but could never get serious into it because of my busy life, kids, etc. When I made the jump to digital photography I registered with DT and submitted three images in Jan. 2009 but a change in jobs and relocation used up the available time I had and forced me to stop and concentrate on my job and family.
I started now a loooong "vacation" (been laid off for a few months), so finally got the time to do what I've been curious to do for many years.
Here's my question: when you look at my stats in my profile, you will see that I've been a member for two years but only made one lousy sale! Would that hurt my chances of selling? Would a potential buyer look at this and wonder if the quality of my pictures are good enough? Will DT take into account my record to offer my images the same way it would do to the more successful contributors?
Sorry if I made the story too long, I would appreciate any feedback.
Photo credits: Sergio Vila.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget