Inverness Street Theatre - Dreamstime
I applauded Inverness City Council and local shops when I read that they had arranged a Street Theatre Festival from 10th to 12 th October 2013.
A number of different acts and performers were signed up for the event which did much to increase the color of the city and liven it up.
There were 3 grannys Turismo running around on mechanised shopping trolleys which also carried hidden musical equipment for their dances.
They were very helpful posing for me although the light for photography could have been better.
Maynard Flip Flap was a real character........... he placed eggs in a cup on a pivoted board then got a member of the audience to jump on one end so the egg flew threw the air and Maynard tried to catch it in a basin on his head.
Then there was Steve Cousins an amazing entertainer who ended up inside his own rubber spheres.......... Balloonatic was the name of his act.
I didn't see all the acts which took place in 6 different sites around the city but in the grand finale caught one of the players from Eden Court theatre who took part in a dance of the swans.
In the course of a pleasant afternoon watching free entertainment I noticed the increase in footfall in the town and also noted a new Scottish objective of zero waste.
I do believe more towns could benefit from livening up by hosting street theatre.
Photo credits: David Watmough.
- Dog Rescue Photography: Rico
- Spring is coming, time for a clean up
- How to Stay Safe When Photographing in Extreme Weather
- 5 Ways to Creatively Add Reflections in Your Stock Images
- Create Your Own Custom Brushes in Adobe Photoshop
- Species Spotlight: Killdeer... voice that carries
- Tip of the week: How to make your descriptions work for you
- Creative Ways to Incorporate Reflections in Your Photography