An Invitation from A Filipino
Finally I was able to get myself to do that long over due hard drive inventory the other day. It's a good habit I'm forcing myself into (with great difficulty!) just so I can properly archive my files.
I chanced upon this photo which I took over a year ago when I was sent to Davao, Mindanao. I was in that city for less than a day and a half to take a portrait of a business man which my client was doing a story on.
After the day's assignment, I decided to heed our hotel front desk officer's advice to check out their city park. I sensed the pride they have for this park so I went for a night stroll there.
And they were right! It's such a beautiful park! Lots of trees, clean, fresh air, no street urchins, clean, proper security measures at the gate, good balance of pavement and ground, clean, lots of benches...did I mention that it's clean?
For this shot, I just used the usual night photography technique. Set my ISO at 400, rested my cam on a bench to steady it, dragged the shutter to let low light in and chose f8 to get good depth of field.
Next time your in Davao, visit the city park and see why the Davaoenos take so much pride in this park. Oh and....don't forget your camera.
You can see shots of the park HERE. Happy shooting!
Photo credits: Junpinzon.
- Playing Around With Design Editing Ideas
- Having A Set Of Pictures Can Increase Sales
- Crafting Pattern Ideas And Tips For Beginners
- 110 images online
- Direct, to the point: How call to action
- 4 Great Photoshop Text Effects to Make your Message Pop
- How to Capture Personalities when taking Portraits
- Turn your Favorite Photo into an Epic Movie Poster