The ironic nature of photo competition today
I am in this nikon club for nikon camera users in singapore hence nikonclub.com.sg
I am using this as an example rather that directing it at the above mention. Have we wondered about the photo competition today? For example, the prize is a nikon coolpix compact camera. In the club, the users vary from compact to DSLRs.
The challenge simply put across is quite simple, DSLR may not necessary 'thrash' a compact camera's abilities because the user is equally as important. However, speaking of technical abilities, the DSLR gives much more freedom to manipulate the settings.
Bokeh, long exposures and star effects are some to say. Compact cameras might find it hard to compete head on. Yet, people like me still take part in the photo competition for the experience, fun and challenge of a competition.
Is it ironic we are using DSLR to stand a chance to win a compact camera instead? Besides taking up the challenge of the competition, is the value of the prize a factor we should consider in taking part in these competition in the very-cheap-digital camera world today?
Photo credits: Koh Sze Kiat.
- Playing Around With Design Editing Ideas
- Having A Set Of Pictures Can Increase Sales
- Crafting Pattern Ideas And Tips For Beginners
- 110 images online
- Direct, to the point: How call to action
- 4 Great Photoshop Text Effects to Make your Message Pop
- How to Capture Personalities when taking Portraits
- Turn your Favorite Photo into an Epic Movie Poster