Isolations for beginners
Now something I said I wanted to learn to do in 2009 was to be able to improve on my isolation images. I came across the magnetic lasso tool in photoshop and even though it took me ages to do the outcome was quite good and its very easy to do.
I would recommend the use of this tool for people starting out in isolations if you dont have a light studio. Obviously it can only be used on images with clear lines and the colours are completely different from the background but I would definately suggest to have a go and try. Feather to 1 pixel aswell to prevent from any jagged edges on the image
This is the outcome of my first attempt using it
Have a go and see how you get on
Photo credits: Ant May.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget