Isolations for beginners
Now something I said I wanted to learn to do in 2009 was to be able to improve on my isolation images. I came across the magnetic lasso tool in photoshop and even though it took me ages to do the outcome was quite good and its very easy to do.
I would recommend the use of this tool for people starting out in isolations if you dont have a light studio. Obviously it can only be used on images with clear lines and the colours are completely different from the background but I would definately suggest to have a go and try. Feather to 1 pixel aswell to prevent from any jagged edges on the image
This is the outcome of my first attempt using it
Have a go and see how you get on
Photo credits: Ant May.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- How to create Compelling Mixed Media Designs - A Journey Through Wild Africa
- A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
- Putting Your Town on the Map: How to Rediscover Your Own Home in Photos
- Spend the time where it counts
- Tip of the week: Putting things into perspective
- How to Make Gorgeous Gradients for any Background
- GIMP Vs Photoshop
- Apple in Mirror