Isolations for beginners
Now something I said I wanted to learn to do in 2009 was to be able to improve on my isolation images. I came across the magnetic lasso tool in photoshop and even though it took me ages to do the outcome was quite good and its very easy to do.
I would recommend the use of this tool for people starting out in isolations if you dont have a light studio. Obviously it can only be used on images with clear lines and the colours are completely different from the background but I would definately suggest to have a go and try. Feather to 1 pixel aswell to prevent from any jagged edges on the image
This is the outcome of my first attempt using it
Have a go and see how you get on
Photo credits: Ant May.
- The most beautiful 5 places in the Republic of Moldova
- The language of colors
- Give a Little Whistle: Bird Call Playback and Photography
- Using Colors to drive your sales
- Tip of the week: Photography basics - Aperture
- I need to get out more. Some background information
- Tip of the Week: Using a Pin Hole Camera
- Professional Portfolio: How to Frame Your Photographs