Keeping Them All Straight
I have never seen this issue addressed on Dreamstime, so maybe I'm the only person who struggles with it, but I have had a very hard time keeping all the versions of my photos straight. I just realized that I submitted the same photo twice. Sure, I liked it, but I don't think that means I get to submit it twice!
Actually, it wasn't precisely the same photo. While in the desert, I experimented a lot with bracketing shots, especially around sunset. When I got back, I did even more experimentation dialing up and down the color intensities, working with shadows, etc., in an effort to reproduce on the screen the richness of the actual scene. I'm more or less happy with some of these results (see this photo, for which I can take no credit--I didn't arrange for those rocks to be there, or for the sun to set directly behind them!).
The only problem? I have 20 'real' versions of some shots, and then innumerable 'enhanced' versions. I use Aperture, and love it, but even that's not enough to keep me completely on track all the time.
Does anyone else run into this? Has any ever submitted the same image twice inadvertently?
Photo credits: Charles Sichel-outcalt.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images