Keizer Ice Skating Race, Amsterdam
Last weekend on Saturday Night 11 February 2012, for the first time in 15 years the Keizer Ice Skating Race took place across the frozen Keizersgracht canal in Amsterdam.
To photograph the skaters I used the panning technique. For those who don't know the panning technique, it is a technique to pan your camera along in time with the moving subject. It is a great way of giving the shot a feeling of movement and speed.
Below you can see two examples of my experiments with the 'panning' technique.
Photo credits: Cbomers.
- Capturing or generating emotions?
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready
- What to do if there is no photo camera?
- 4 Great Locations To Catch A Lake Ontario Sunrise In The Greater Toronto Area
- My first 200
- Provoking feelings