The last of the Asian Lions...
I took the long awaited trip to the north western coast of India, armed with a 400mm lens to capture the endangered and majestic Lions of the Gir forest in Gujarat. This is the last place they are found in the wild, and boy, was it a sight !
I had to go at the crack of dawn before the tourisits arrived. The peace and quiet of dawn, helped with a forest guide who knew where to spot these animals has resulted in a series of great shots which I have started uploading.
These animals are awe inspiring and I hope they are around for a long time to come.
Photo credits: Vishwa Kiran.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget