Legend of dragon boat parade of Lizhiwan
On 9 Am, June 8th, crowds of local people already gathered along the river of Lizhiwan, firecracker is burning, people beating the gongs and drums to welcome the well painted and decorated dragon boat from other villages, some of the boats come from other city far from here, they had to boat for many hours in the duration of the event every year,. Some boats are quite old, the eldest dragon boat is more than 700 years old, which other boats respect it as "grandpa boat".
Before racing, the boatmen presented roast pigs and rice wine to each other, expressing their greetings to each others, praying for a prosperous coming days.
Older people says, Dragon boat parade is a great event for the local people to honor their ancestor as well as their former neighbours who has dispensed to other villages.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step
- The Struggle: a wildlife photography journal
- Its all about the place. Insights about my best sales.
- The secret of my success
- These are a few of My Favourite Things: Something New
- To sell or not to sell. What makes the difference?
- Tip of the Week: Photographing the Moon