When life gives you lemons...
...it's time to make lemon-aide.
This winter weather has me thinking about summer time I suppose. Hot days and cool drinks are on my mind as the snow falls outside.
Something as simple as picking up a bag of lemons at the supermarket lead me to create a number of lemon based photographs, topped off with a cool glass of lemon-aid. My concoction included some leftover club soda from the fridge.
This classic lemon-aid recipe uses a lot of honey for a more refined taste.
Honey Lemon-Aid - Basic Recipe
1 gallon water
1 1/2 quarts fresh lemon juice
4 cups sugar
1 cup honey
Combine water, fresh lemon juice, sugar, and honey in a large pitcher. Stir. Taste. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
If your chores are done, why not kick back and relaxed with a little adult version?
For whisky spiked lemonade, use approximately 1.5 to 3 ounces whisky (recommended: Southern Comfort) for every 8 ounces of lemonade.
Photo credits: Peanutroaster.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step
- The Struggle: a wildlife photography journal
- Its all about the place. Insights about my best sales.
- The secret of my success
- These are a few of My Favourite Things: Something New
- To sell or not to sell. What makes the difference?
- Tip of the Week: Photographing the Moon